- Experimental support structures for metal DMLM/DMLS printing. Use the DMLS Tool Steel Preset in the Overhangs Tool. This is a slight modification on the method demonstrated in our AU 2015 Demo Reel
. Support posts are constrained to be in rows, for easier removal (may also be useful for plastic).
- added Segment Jitter setting to Support generator. This option slightly randomizes the posts, so that there are not duplicate triangles/vertices in exported STLs. The results are more likely to import/Boolean cleanly in other software.
- revamped the Advaced Support properties panel (replaced sliders with edit boxes)
- added ability to save support structure generation settings in Overhangs tool as custom Presets. Use Save Current...
item at the bottom of the menu. Presets are saved as XML filse in ~\Documents\meshmixer\printers\supportPresets
. To delete a preset, you must delete it from this directory.
- many API updates (use current_beta branch