Author Topic: Meshmixer Update  (Read 2112 times)

RS

• Meshmixer Product Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Meshmixer Update
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
Hi, Meshmixer Community! Happy New Year!

Let me start by announcing that Meshmixer is alive and well, and not going anywhere anytime soon. As it was recently announced on meshmixer.com, we are currently working on a new release that will address decoupling from 123D and feature several bug fixes. Stay tuned for the future announcements! We really care about Meshmixer and, with your feedback, we hope to make it even better!

The team behind Meshmixer also went through a major transformation. There are both old and new faces. All of us closely worked with RMS. We miss him a lot.

A few housekeeping items:

- Currently, all of our team's resources are allocated to make the new release happen as soon as possible. This means you might see some delays in us responding to your emails and posts. Please be patient.

- You can submit your bug reports here: meshmixerbug@autodesk.com

- If you need help or advice please post your questions to this forum. Also, please help each other!
It would enable us to get you what you want sooner.

Cheers,
Ruslana

RS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Meshmixer Update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 02:44:12 PM »
Some of you were asking about the system requirements. We've posted them on meshmixer.com:
  • Microsoft Windows 7 or later or OS X / macOS 10.7 or later
  • 4GB system RAM
  • Integrated or discrete graphics card
You can probably get away with less but at your own risk.

Happy meshmixing!

3DWP

• http://www.3dwp.nl
    • View Profile
    • 3DWP 3D printing
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 07:49:44 AM »
That is nice news, thanks for reaching out and letting us know!
I hope Ryan/RMS is doing well and he will be missed  :-[

I hope to see an update soon and MeshMixer will be kept alive, it's such a great piece of software.

RS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:59:06 AM »
Yes, the update is coming soon. I will add an announcement to the forum when it's ready.

Ryan is doing great, he's working on this project right now: http://www.gradientspace.com/
When I see him later this week for drinks I'll let him know you said hi.  ;)

RS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »
New Beta is out today!

3DWP

• View Profile
    • 3DWP 3D printing
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 02:42:58 AM »
Thanks!

3DWP

• View Profile
    • 3DWP 3D printing
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 05:31:26 AM »
I am trying the Beta version, had one crash when I did a plane cut with Fixed fill, Remeshed fill didn't crash.

I use the (3D) Print screen a lot, this used to align my model in the center of a print bed and I could also scale and orient it there. I can not find any way to do this it's driving me crazy. There's a weird popup too with ''meshmixer'' and ''export'' that doesn't do anything when there are two (?). When clicked it does export but the popup screen looks odd.

Also when I open a model and MeshMixer starts the Z-Y isn't flipped. If I import something and have the option ticked it does work. I mainly 3D print so my MeshMixer Y axis is the Z axis for my models (height), can this be fixed?

How can I get a model to center now? So the origin I would like in the middle but the bottom of a model flat on a print bed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:44:53 AM by 3DWP »

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 06:59:54 AM »
The features of the former PRINT module have to be done in MM's main tools now:
To scale and to keep it on the bed ANALYSIS/UnitsDimension is the tool for global scaling. EDIT/Transform if you want to scale one out of several objects.
To center an object use EDIT/Align with BasePoint as Source and WorldOrigin as Destination;
To flip Z/Y on Export enable FlipZ-YAxesOnImport-Export in MM's Preferences or on the AppendOrReplace dialog on Import. This done MM remembers this setting. Can't find some issues here. Here it acts like it did before.
Remember: Export on the PRINT module always flips the axis. Now if there's FlipZ-YAxesOnImport-Export enabled on a reimport it seems the file was not flipped on export...

Basically PRINT now's just an interface to online print services or supported printer software as MakerWare (etc.)
Yes that Export window pops up here too. Think MM tries to connect to something like a printer software and doesn't find any in case of a not supported printer.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.